Patek Philippe – Simply one of if not the Finest Watch Money Can Buy!
Even today, Patek Philippe’s extraordinary care and commitment towards perfection means it takes almost a year to manufacture even its simplest watch movement.
Significant moments in watchmaking since 1839 …
– 1839 Antoine Patek began producing about 200 high-quality pocket watches per year.
– 1845 Patek & Co. Partnership founded in Geneva with Jean Adrien Philippe, Technical Director.
– 1846 Tiffany & Co. New York, Tiffany appoints Patek Philippe as its principal supplier of pocket watches.
– 1857 Universal Exposition, London, Queen Victoria and Prince Albert aquire a timepiece, shooting Patek to international fame.
– 1867 the company produces the world’s first wristwatch.
– 1927 the company produces the world’s first perpetual calendar wristwatch.
– 1941 the company produces the world’s first perpetual calendar chronograph wristwatch.
– 1962 the company produces the world’s first automatic, perpetual calendar wristwatch.
It is said that fewer than 1 million Patek Philippe watches have been made since the first watch was completed in 1839. That is fewer than some high-end Swiss manufacturers (notably Rolex) produce in one year. In fact, the company limits itself to producing less than 50,000 watches per year, even though it is estimated by watch market analysts, the company could sell ten times this figure. Patek production is so detailed, it takes almost a year to complete its most basic watch and more than two years to produce some of the more complicated timepieces.
Patek’s vintage complications hold more world record prices at auction than any other brand. Landmark models include the model ref. 1518, the world’s first serially produced perpetual calendar chronograph and its successor, the Ref. 2499. Other famous models include perpetual calendars such as the ref. 1526, ref. 3448 and 3450.
We, of course, associate Patek Philippe with the very best, but more particularly, understated elegance, craftsmanship, heritage, exquisite design, perfection and total confidence and commitment in everything it does.